Sunday, November 19, 2006

I guess if I've anything short to write, a message for someone or just a short sentence, it'll be in the tagboard not as a post. The format of the blog DOES make reading long things rather straining though.

I'll start making bad DotA jokes when I have nothing left to post. Until then, I'm actually making it a point to end my day (or whatever you call the period between waking up and sleeping) by posting here at least for now. I'm sure the people who set this up have more to say than me too right?

Not the best of days. GXL against Corleones wasn't the most pleasant thing I had to do. The booking I made 19 hours in advanced mysteriously vanished from the records, apparently the same thing that happened to GPS last week. I have a strange suspicion that the only person who can book any comps at E-G right now without being cancelled is Musica, but it's currently unfounded (until Musica actually does an advance booking that doesn't get cancelled, then I'll start being suspicious).

The match is scheduled at 730, Lux, Tofu, and ice are present, kudos to them for turning up on time. Computers however, are not. I turn to those teams that already have comps and are finishing up their matches to perhaps, loan us their comps, because the team we are facing has a reputation for actually walking over late teams, and already is, though not implicitly, threatening to do so. Understandably, they refused because they had other matches scheduled later with other teams in the vicinity. Some Mi2 people who are playing pubs though, are kind enough to offer us their comps when they are done.

At this point I get an SMS saying that the game has been created, and order me to start the game by 8pm, which is in actuality giving us extra time since the appointed time is at 730. Well, I'm kind of in a pinch here, so I ask for 5 computers split up. Fortunately, they are available.

Scrape that. Tofu has to give away his computer because it turns out his computer was actually booked previously! Fortunately, if you counted already, we in actuality only have 4 players turning up. Musica is mysteriously missing.

I join the game to see 5 opponents ready and eager to start. Tofu, with a bit of nudging, joins the game quickly as well. It's around 8pm. Oh, and Musica is still nowhere to be seen.

Rather urgently, I nudge Lux and ice to take their comps and join because well, they know that we are dangerously close to being walked over, and we ARE half an hour late for the match anyway.

You understand that at this point, I'm rather FRANTIC. Half my dinner is in my bag because I had to rush off halfway through it when the leader SMSed me, my booking which I made 19 hours in advance was, without me knowing, cancelled, leaving me at E-G without any comps and already late for the match. I beg around for comps seeing as how I need them rather urgently, and fail. Oh, and Musica is also far away with no damn idea where he is and how long more he'll take to get here.

To top things off, ice and Lux have their eyes glued to screens of asterisk* playing.

Me: ice go to those 3 comps down there and join the game.
ice: I'll go when Lux goes
Me: Lux will go when you go
ice: I'll go when Lux goes

Lux decides that my demanding of him to get to the comp and join the game doesn't dignify a response, so I have no idea what to say to ice.

There is a fine line between valuing your own decision, having a strong-will, and showing completely no respect. I'm of course in no position to draw that line seeing as how at that moment I was FRANTIC and rather muddled up.

It takes a few minutes of calling them (and a few minutes of being disregarded) before I realise that the easiest thing to do is simply to join the game for them, buying a bit of time. Of course, there still is the issue of having a 5th player since Musica is mysteriously missing.

GPS, who is dead sick and having decided to not play this game for the benefit of his health (and the rest of the team), by the grace of God, just happens to reach home. So I call him to join. Ice and Lux also are nice enough to take their respective places. Ice complains about his lack of sound, but hey, if he set up the computer himself, perhaps he would have realised earlier to make changes.

Well, in light of all that has happened, I am rather pissed off, and in no mood to be nice to anyone. On top of that, the game lags horrendously. Of all the time in the world, it had to lag when I was already frustrated enough, meaning that I actually, well, get AFFECTED BADLY by it because I let it get to me.

Game ends with our 2nd row of towers untouched though. GPS plays himself a decent VS leaving me absolutely nothing bad to say about it. Lux and ice have their usual untouchable play. Tofu's QoP nearly dies from one of those trademark Tofu freezes, where he lets a centaur walk a distance of one entire screen to reach his stationary body AND stomp him, though he manages to blink out with less than 100 hit points. Musica turns up about half an hour into the game, which makes me somewhat happy since I have someone to hear me rant about how Warlock pwns Viper.

I had something here to say about why asterisk* loses some games they shouldn't lose, but I decided to save it since they never asked for it and I don't like walking into a burning wreckage.

No comments: